Thursday, November 12, 2015

NARS x Steven Klein Despair Blusher Palette

Now, I was really anxious about the NARS x Steven Klein collection. On my last trip to KLCC I did enquire but was told that it will only be available in November. Bummer. Yes, I gave birth the next day. I was however, fortunate that Adam was willing to get me what I wanted. I chose the despair blusher palette because I have a limited array of blusher in my collection, when compared to my eyeshadow collection. Plus, since I can't be there personally to look at the collection, I decided to limit my purchase to only one item. 

What also attracted me to the collection is the packaging. I am a HUGE sucker for packaging. What's interesting is that the graphic on the box is transferred to the palette box itself too. Love it. 


The palette has 4 colors, Nico (permanent color), Savage, Esoteric and Ferocious, and comes with a traveled-size kabuki brush. The brush seems a bit hard, however I haven't gotten a chance to really use the brush with the product itself. I might change my mind once I've tried putting the blushers on with it. 



Nico (beige), Savage (coral pink), Esoteric (tangerine), Ferocious (plum)
Swatched! (From left: Nico, Savage, Esoteric & Ferocious)

When swatched, I feel like I would be using Esoteric and Ferocious (i like plum blushers although I need to be careful so that I don't look like I have bruises) more than the others. Perhaps if I were to go for a more Kawaii look, Savage would work pretty well. Nico would work well as a highlighter for me. Not that fair for it to work as a blusher on me, IMO. All colors are pigmented, hence the palette would definitely go a long way. Im eyeing on the individual eyeshadows, Stud (pewter bronze) and Never Too late (olive with gold shimmer) next if they are still available when I finish my confinement period. 

I can't wait to try them out, really. I guess I'll have to wait for my doctor's appointment next week. When in confinement, even the trip to the doctor seems exciting, really. 





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I have been following ur blog for quite awhile :) Would you mind sharing your bag and makeup collection? I would love to read them! Thxxxx ^^

idamazlan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
idamazlan said...

Will keep this in mind for future posts! Thanks for reading my blog

Menzel Joey said...

Thanks for sharing your good knowledge, This is very useful information of me because i have a plan to go phuket. The brush seems a bit hard, however I haven't gotten a chance to really use the brush with the product itself. I might change my mind once I've tried putting the blushers on with it.

Phuket Land