Thursday, June 23, 2016

Isaac and his first solid food experience

For the past month or so, my mind is just full of what do I cook for Isaac. Every. Single. Day. I officially call it my new motherhood obsession. 


I have been waiting for Isaac's first food experience since forever. Only because I bought the Baeba Babycook months before Isaac hits 6 months and hid it from Adam until he was ready to eat. I got the Classic (cheapest model of course) and is drooling over the Pro version. I love my Babycook, by the way. I have been using it for two months and it is by far the handiest tool that I have ever bought as a mommy.

This is what I have

This is what I WANT



Have I tried purchasing baby food? Yes, I did, but believe me mommy friends, once you make your own puree for your baby, you would agree that home made is best. Not runny, and do not go bad too quick. Having said that, if you really want to order baby food, do order from bebetummy. Isaac loves their Salmon surprise and chicken cheese broccoli. But since I have learned how to make chicken cheese broccoli for Isaac, I only order salmon surprise from time to time. 


Naturally I did some research on what is good to give as baby's first solid ( I like Annabel Carmel). The Babycook that I bought came with a tiny leaflet as a guidance as how much water I should put in for a list of food but that was it. Not in the favour of purchasing a recipe book yet to make puree but I might change my mind later on. So most of the puree I made for Isaac are taken from the internet. 

I decided to try pear for Isaac's first food. It was difficult at first as he was so used to the bottle that he struggled to swallow what I gave him. Technically only 40 % goes into his mouth. The rest? To his CHIN. I did read that it is normal for a baby to not know how to eat at first and we have to be more patient when feeding. After a few days, i was relieved to see that he has started to adapt to eating and thank god ENJOYS eating. Im a happy mommy! I did stick to the rule of introducing one type of food for 4 days and only move on after that period of time. 

Always eager for meal times

To date, I've made apple, banana, sweet potatoes, pumpkin (i LOVE this!), peas (he hates this so I had to mask the taste with sweet potatoes/pumpkin). I started giving him chicken when he turned 7 months a couple of weeks back. So far, he has not rejected any food except for peas, that is ( and there is this one time i made chicken, apple and carrot. Adam said it tasted horrible. SORRY!). I freeze all the puree I made and store them in a zip lock bag. Don't forget the to label them as they might look almost the same when they are frozen. There was this one time I asked Adam to defrost some pumpkin and spinach, and he defrosted the peas instead. 


I use OXO tot. I'm too stingy to buy a Baeba storage

Zip lock bags and labels are from Daiso. Storage is a breeze with these zip lock bags

I also have to pack food for Isaac's daily nursery meal times. Found these container in a baby store near to my house and I love the fact that I can stack them. Yes, also label them for the caretakers to know which is for breakfast and which is for lunch. 



Up to this very day, I find joy in providing home cooked food for Isaac.I did not manage to provide enough breast milk when he was an infant, but I sure don't mind cooking all the good food for you. 

I can't wait for him to be able to enjoy baby pasta. Yum. 

No comments: