Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Hello VBAC! (Part 1)

If you remember I have a previous post which I was contemplating between going for an elective caesarean or to attempt a VBAC. I decided to go for a VBAC and signed the papers to agree that I am aware of the risks that I am taking when attempting for a VBAC; which was scary by the way thinking about how I could have suffered from internal bleeding and also the risk of losing my child as well. 

So here is an entry of how Eleanor was born 

On Friday (25th June), I had slight cramps which comes and goes at the office. I continued working and even managed to do some shopping plus had dinner at Publika with Adam. However on the morning of Saturday (26th June), I told Adam that we probably need to go to the hospital as I couldn't sleep well the night before due to the cramps. So we went to the hospital thinking this might be it. Our baby will be out today! However, again the nurses detected that my blood pressure was on the high side and I am aware that if it continues to be high, there is more probability of me to be wheeled into the operation theatre for the second time. My gynae came in about noon and said that there are only two choices, to be cut open or to be induced. I was only about 1 cm dilated hence I asked my gynae can I have a 3rd choice? I would want to wait for my blood pressure to drop to normal. She agreed but with one condition; I need to be warded to be monitored. I was left with no choice but to agree and to the ward we went. 

Happily went to work on Friday not knowing that I will give birth over the weekend
Isaac and my MIL came to visit me when I was warded. Also in this photo is the same gynae who greeted him when he was born 

Throughout my stay in the hospital, I tried to stay calm and if you are familiar with essential oils, I used White Angelica for positive energy and Lavender to just keep calm to keep my blood pressure normal. What I did was to put a few drops on my pillow and try to rest and rest and rest. Everything worked well, and somehow the cramps went away. 

I didnt use Peppermint but my husband took out all of the oils I had in my bag 
They detected no contractions so I thought this must be another case of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) which I had a couple of weeks back. After gaining clearance from my gynae, I was clear to be discharged but she said that my blood pressure is to be monitored on a daily basis. However, during the discharged process, which was about 2 pm, the terrible cramps came back! I didn't inform Adam because we were going to be discharged and I don't fancy being detained again. In my mind, I kept on thinking this must be UTI, I just need some medicine and I should be okay. 

... to be continued to part 2 


No comments: