Monday, October 8, 2018

Hello VBAC! (Part 2)


So yes, I had terrible cramps just when we were cleared to go home. Thinking I had UTI, I brushed it off and made a mental note to check whether I have leftovers painkiller and antibiotics from the previous case of UTI I had a few weeks before.

We came home, unpacked and I checked the medicine cabinet and we didn't have any. At this point the pain radiated towards my back and I told Adam we need to drop by any general clinic and get some medicine for my UTI. Since we had plans to break fast at my in laws we dropped by a clinic in Seksyen 7 and the doctor gave me the medicine after I explained that i have cramps and I self diagnosed myself as having UTI (which was silly of me to do so)

While Adam and Isaac had their dinner downstairs, I proceeded to rest on the bed and told my in laws I was in pain. Nobody suspected that I was currently having contractions because I was just discharged that day. I diligently diffused White Angelica and dropped a few drops on the pillow as well to help me manage my discomfort. Adam came up about 9 pm and said we should go home but I told him maybe it is wiser to just stay at my in laws since the hospital is closer. Adam agreed but he said he would want to go home and take some of his clothes from our house while I opted to stay in bed. Despite taking the medicine my pain didn't go away but it was still bearable. The funny thing is that I even called one of my friend to ask if contractions leading to labor would be more focused on the lower back or on the tummy itself (in which my friend answered it would be on the lower back). I told her I think its UTI because the pain was actually bearable.

I only started to realise the probability of me having contractions when during one of my toilet trips, I literally felt the baby head came down and my mucus plug was out. At this point, I started to feel an urge to push every 10 minutes or lesser. I felt bad for Adam because he just came back from our house and was JUST trying to sleep. I had to tell him that I think that I was having urges to push every 10 minutes now and this might be it- I am going to give birth! Adam turned to me and said are you sure we can't go in the morning? I actually hesitated but told him I think its best that we just go to the hospital.

I peed in my pants in one of my toilets episode (its okay, pregnant woman are prone to peeing in their pants anyway. this is a fact!) so I grabbed anything that I could wear which was a kain batik only to realise at the hospital that it was torn in many parts that it barely covered anything. It was a procedure in AVISENA that all cases after office hours are referred to the emergency department first before deciding that you might need to be warded. When we arrived I was referred to the emergency department but I told the registration counter I would want to be in the labor room. Of course he hesitated but once the doctor in charge came around to see me and I told him about my pushing urges he straight away said this, " wheel her to the labor room!"

.... to be continued in Part 3 (the final part, promise!)










No comments: