Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A weekend to Malacca


The only reason why we decided to go to Malacca for a weekend trip is to make up for the times that Adam wasn't around on the long weekends a few weeks before because he was away with Isaac to US. This trip also marks Eleanor's first road trip with us and she just turned 4 months as well. We decided to make this a laid-back trip and wanted to depart close to noon, with Malacca only about 2 hours away from where we were. However packing for 2 kids is quite a challenge. I felt like bringing the whole house but the most important things were pampers and milk. Others, we could buy or live without. 

However, when we were on our way, I realised that we have forgotten the baby carrier! I can't imagine carrying Eleanor around without one. Yes, she can be in the stroller but it is also much easier to control Isaac by strapping him into the stroller as well. Out of desperation, I blast out a plea for help in a baby wearing group and to make it short, a sweet momma from Malacca agreed to loan us her carrier without any fee. 

We made our way to our bed and breakfast place after picking up the carrier. We've always picked to stay in Wayfarer whenever we were in Malacca. I adore the location and love the balcony where I could just watch the sunset with the boats going to and fro the river. 

Our room in Wayfarer
My boys at my fav balcony. Love the view
Sleeping soundly in her baby seat
After checking in, we had lunch at Malaccafe. The cakes were to die for as they are from Gula Cakery but the beef lasagne was too oily for my liking. We strolled along the river with Isaac requesting to go on a boat ride every 5 minutes. 


Chocolate Pavlova and Double Chocolate Nutella. Both were so good!

Beef Lasagne

Because the lighting was so ONZ 
I love my two kids 
Cool watermelon. Look how drenched Isaac is
We eventually went on a boat ride and Isaac was grinning ear to ear. We even bought those cliche souvenirs for keeps of our boat ride. We ended the day with dinner at Jonker Walk with Eleanor in her carrier and Isaac in the stroller. Im glad a fellow momma helped me out in times of desperation. I couldn't possibly enjoy Jonker Walk without a baby carrier. Eleanor slept throughout our dinner thanks to the baby carrier.

Happy boy 
Happily sipping my coconut shake 

The next morning we started our day early hunting for breakfast. Yes, another walking session with the kids along Jonker. Came across Kaya-Kaya Cafe. I had the salted egg mushroom with toasted bread with their speciality coffee. It was so yum I decided to bring home some and made pasta to go with it the next day!

The lovely courtyard at Wayfarer
Adam holding a banana 

Very yum. But I'm a sucker for anything that is related to salted egg 
Came across a Chetti Temple which I included in my lecture this semester 
On our way back to Wayfarer we dropped by an antique bazaar and Adam bought a couple of toys for Isaac. We packed our stuffs and head home after 12 pm. The traffic was so good to and from Malacca we reached home in no time. All in all it was a short but fulfilling trip. Eleanor was so well behaved throughout the trip. Our next trip? Cherating here we come! 




No comments: