Monday, October 8, 2018

Hello VBAC! (Part 3)

As I was being wheeled to the labor room. I felt calm and was aware that a million possibilities might happen tonight. The midwives calmly enquired if I would want to walk about for a while which I said I don't think I can walk much. I have urges to push. So i laid down on the bed and was examined. I was 6 cm dilated which explains the pain that I was experiencing since 2 pm. The midwife asked me,"Were you not in pain to come in at 6 cm?." I said I was! But it was bearable. They proceeded to inform my gynae and I know my gynae lives nearby so she was in the labor room in no time. 

Tremors 
She examined me and said your baby is small and is so close to coming out. She will be out within an hour and try to push her out within an hour because if it is more than an hour it will create unnecessary stress to the baby. My gynae broke my water bag and she said we will start pushing soon. I asked the nurse what would be the right technique in breathing during labor and I started pushing when my gynae signalled me to do so. Was i in pain ? No. I was very excited. You can ask Adam. He was there throughout my labor so he can verify that not even once I told him I was in pain. Truth is the pain in giving birth is more on the second stage of contraction which I went through at my in laws place (not knowing it was contraction). Alhamdulillah Eleanor was out after 40 minutes in the labor room. When my gynae placed her on my tummy, the first thing I did was check whether she has 20 fingers (I'm sure i am not alone in this)

As soon as Eleanor was wheeled out of the labor room, Adam told me that I did a good job and we can have another baby. Aih men... 
A few minutes after Eleanor was wheeled out of the labor room 
Fresh from the oven 

Zombified mommy 

The daddy and the daughter 

Grandparents, Grant Aunty and Abang Isaac 

My Precious Eleanor Azizah Johnston 




No comments: