Sunday, September 20, 2015

The shopping bug bit me

I've been really shopping lately. Despite saying from the beginning I would probably not need a fancy rocker, I wanted a fancy rocker late last month. So yes, the shopping bug bit me. Hard. 

As you know all baby related gadgets are pretty expensive and I've got my heart set on two products which are the Cocoonababy and a fancy rocker. Of course the most popular brand for a fancy rocker to date would be the Nunaleaf. However, a fancy rocker would cost almost 1k and the Cocoonababy which I have surveyed many many times would cost almost 1k as well. Now, I couldn't possibly get both with the current retail price. 

I can't remember how exactly I joined to the preloved baby goods page on fb but I did and I started browsing. Now, there are a whole lot of baby things! I regularly browse the page to see what else that I might need for BabyIJ. To my surprise, someone wants to let go of her Cocoonababy for merely RM300 with an extra cover! I said merely RM300 because of its actually price of course. After discussing on the date of purchase and such, me and Adam went to see the seller to inspect on the item. Adam agrees to purchase to satisfy my 'needs' and of course because the price is right for an item that is difficult for the baby to use once he starts turning. 

Not the real item photo but mine also comes complete with the packaging and manual 

The second item I purchased was a rocker. No, I did not get the nunaleaf. The Nunaleaf apparently operates manually and you have to swing it every 3 minutes. Then again the  main selling point for Nunaleaf is that it can be used up to 60kg. There are people selling off their Nunaleaf BUT the price hasn't gone down a lot. The last time I checked the preloved price for a Nunaleaf is still about RM950. Decided to purchase the Joie Serina 2 in 1 due to it being able to become separate rocker which is easier for us to bring the baby downstairs whenever we want to, and the price is within our budget (and how can you resist that baby..



We recently picked this up over the weekend and was very satisfied with it. True to the seller's description 9.5/10 (it really looks brand new) and everything works as how it is supposed to work. I can't really give a review until the baby is out to know whether it works in putting the baby to sleep or keeping him occupied but I'll surely do a review on these items in the near future. 

All in all, I'm glad I saved a lot of money buying preloved things. One person's junk is another person's treasure, no? 



No comments: