Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Hello America (October 2017_Part 1)

I would be lying if I were to tell you guys I wasn't nervous about bringing a toddler on a long haul flight. Fortunately for us, my in laws will be accompanying us on the trip going to US but it would be just the 3 of us when we take our flight back to Malaysia. 

So what should you prepare when you travel with a toddler? 

Definitely a lot of patience.. and new toys! We even wrapped them like gifts so Isaac will have the joy of unwrapping them. This trick worked on Isaac because he wasn't really attracted to watching the flight entertainment. I did make sure that I packed enough formula milk and diapers. I sure don't want to run out of them along the way. That would have been disastrous. So yes, pack enough or always go for more if you are unsure. 

In general Isaac behaved well on flight. He slept most of the time on flight and only waking up for diaper changes. However, when he is awake he will wonder why is it taking so long to reach our destination and tried to position himself in many different positions to make himself comfortable in between us. 

Sleepy before our flight because it was a night flight 

Another tip when traveling is the lesser hand luggage the better it is 

Our little traveller 

Apparently I don't have any photos on flight so these are the only ones I have of our journey going to US. I was 3 weeks pregnant when I went for this trip and we went for an appointment with our gynae to ensure that I am fit to travel. I was prescribed with hormone pills and of course folic acid. I remember being unsure that my pregnancy would survive but hey, this little lady in me is a strong lady. 

No comments: