Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Womb service - penang trip

Now Adam is not an impromptu person. I almost choked when he asked me, "So when do you want to go to penang to get your Mi Sotong Hameed?" I jokingly said,"Why don't we go this weekend since i do not have any classes this weekend." ( I'm currently undertaking a diploma for teaching and learning). He replied calmly and said "Challenge accepted"

Truth is I thought he would change his mind nearing weekend but to my surprise he didn't. Adam's plan was just a day trip and well, I, on the other hand would prefer to spend at least one night. With this we decided to play by ear and decide once we arrive. We took our time to depart from Shah Alam and we only started driving out to Penang about 2 pm

We told Isaac it was going to be a long car ride so brace yourself, Isaac. He was surprisingly well behaved and was mainly singing and watching the trucks/cars along the way. He slept for an hour and that's it!

We arrived in penang about 7 pm and headed straight to the Mi Sotong Hameed. Isaac soaked his pants because us parents were too lazy to change to his diaper ( yes we only have ourselves to blame).Unfortunately I was too full from the Starbucks I had earlier along the way and couldn't finish my meal. I had two glasses of coconut shake though. So yum!

Isaac and his monster truck. The food was too spicy for him though
We decided to find a place in town after dinner and came across this place. I was interested in staying a night in The Artist Studio Lodge because it as an artistic appeal into it and I would want to have a attached toilet as well because it is scary to be going to the toilet at 3 am (and I go to the toilet often now with my current condition). However, upon checking in our room that I found out that the toilet is on a sharing basis. My bladder seems to get the idea because I did not wake up to pee at odd hours throughout the night. Phew. We left the place early in the morning without having the chance to notify the owner because she was nowhere to be found. It was unfortunate however that the owner is a bit cold towards us which I don't understand why. Maybe we weren't the type of guests that she preferred.




We had a nice and calm breakfast along Transfer Road. It was really good because we avoided the other stall which had a bigger crowd. With a travelling toddler, one has to make wise decisions such as this.

Isaac and his love for fruits 


This was so good. Eggs and cheese in between 

Our little family. Isaac wanted to have a sip of Adam's Teh Ais 
Overall we enjoyed our short trip to Penang and was pretty pleased at how Isaac behaved throughout our journey. Can't wait to bring Isaac to Tanjung Jara this weekend. 

No comments: