Wednesday, July 15, 2015

16 weeks - All about the gender

... and then I hit 16 weeks


The checkup wasn't as nerve wrecking as my 8 weeks and 12 weeks. I guess once you've passed the first trimester, you can finally relax and be much more confident that your baby is safely tucked in your tummy. We also passed the Nuchal Translucency test which lowered lowered down the baby's risk of having Down Syndrome and some other chromosomal abnormalities, as well as major congenital heart problems. This test is of course optional. I guess you can discuss with your gynae on this test but it must be done precisely in the 12th week.  We decided to do it because .. well its our first baby.  You know how paranoid first time parents are ( Yeap, I guess we're that type of parents ) 


We also found out that we were going to have a boy on our 16 weeks check up. Baby IJ was really showing off his penis so I knew even before the doctor told us. You are an exhibitionist, huh BabyIJ. 

Adam was so excited and he also won the bet. Damn. Anyway it took me quite a few days to sink in that I am going to have a boy. A boy! The first question I asked myself is that 'What do boys wear?'. Like, seriously. Bye tutu skirts. I guess I ll see you when I have my second child ( I hope ) 




I found this online. Ain't that a cute baby dinosaur? I can't wait to bite your chubby cheeks, BabyIJ




No comments: