Monday, July 13, 2015

Of Raya choices

I've always tried to save up way before Raya to get the outfits I like for Raya. Its a common practice as well to get them early so that I don't need to flock any bazaars for the purpose of preparing for Raya and I am a planner hence I plan ahead, naturally. Following some disappointments for tailor made clothes for Raya for many many years before this ( I never learn, do I?), my choices this year & last year would be mainly ready made. At least if I can't fit into them following my growing bump this year, I can return them in advance and ask for a much suitable size.  

So here are my choices 

1. A canary yellow outfit from Samantha Sherina by Thian. This was naturally my first choice due to its cheerful color. I also love the fact that I can wear the top as a shift dress for a more casual look. I corresponded with the owner and she was so lovely to give me an early bird discount. 



2. My second choice would be from Mimpikita. I ve been going to Mimpikita for a couple of years now. Their collection has never disappointed me. At first I wanted this really nice shocking pink top with ruffled skirt but decided to change to this dress instead because I couldn't think of anywhere to go with the ruffled skirt. It really is a beautiful skirt but yes nowhere to go with it. Perhaps I could save it for BabyIJ's aqiqah. Also bought the white top shown below because its really dainty and traditional, perfect for Raya. 



3. My final choice is a combination of white and baby yellow from Arared. It is also versatile as I can think of a hundred ways of using the top and bottom separately. I was so tempted to use the top before Raya. It really is so pretty. Love the sleeves and the skirt draping. 


Somehow this year, I was leaning more towards whites and yellows. Im pretty happy with my choices. Yes, still cannot afford Innaired and Yadotsa this year. Perhaps next year I'll be lucky enough to wear one of their collection for Raya. 

Oh yes, I bought 1 white songket kurung from Qamilla over the weekend. Yes WHITE again!

No comments: