Monday, July 13, 2015

The Belly Story

Recently a few people has been asking on how to maintain a no stretch mark bump (Hmm how do you know I don't have stretch marks? )

I've never really give a thought about it until me and my best friend, we were talking about it over our break time at Uni. The whole conversation really got me thinking. So i did some research via some pregnancy forums. My previous pregnancy I was using Bio Oil, and apparently based on the review in the forums, unfortunately it doesn't really work. Perhaps its good to lighten stretch marks and not to prevent them. I was looking at prevention rather than damage control. 

I decided to try the Mama Bee range from Burt's Bees. Even the name is cute, no? Mama Bee. Bzzttt. 

My first purchase was the belly butter. After using it for 2 months, I can safely say that I don't have any stretch marks yet. Phew. I usually apply a generous amount because the tub is huge! I can't possibly finish it in this pregnancy period. The fact that it has no parabens is a plus. Due to it also being all natural, it doesn't really have a pleasant smell (at least to me). It contains all the goodness of cocoa, shea and jojoba butters. The belly butter is so moisturising that your belly stays moist even the next morning. I apply it to my bump every morning after shower and every night before sleeping. It is priced at RM120.80.  Pricey but if it works, its worth the price. You really don't want to get any stretch marks, trust me. 


I've only recently added on the nourishing baby oil a couple of weeks back. Best decision ever. The SA specifically said that it would work better if I apply it right after shower. It did. Mind you I have really dry skin especially my leg area. Very prone to turn scaly. This product is god sent. My skin feels so moist and unlike the belly butter, it has a pleasant honey smell. Adam would always comment how nice I smell in the morning, thanks to this. This was priced at RM74. The only thing I dislike about the product is the packaging. The oil is prone to moist even the bottle. I often wrap it with tissue papers when I need to bring it along on my weekend trips to my mom's place. 
Overall the products by Burt's Bees' has exceeded my expectations. Thanking God that although I am allergic to it's range of lip balm, these two products are going to be my best friends for at least 3.5 months more and beyond. 

So if you ever want to give BabyIJ anything, feel free to give us the Baby Bee range (this is serious) 


Can't wait to share with BabyIJ the goodness of Burt's Bees.

Theres also a myth that if your mom has stretch marks then you'll have it too. I've checked my mom's belly. No stretch marks. Now lets hope the myth is in my favour 


No comments: