Wednesday, July 8, 2015

8 weeks

Since I told myself that I would really like to jot down as much memory as I can about my pregnancy. Let me try to remember how my 8 weeks check up went. I remember being nervous. Like really nervous peeing all the time kind of nervous. That morning, we had an appointment with DEMC with Doctor Jumeah. The doctor was probably randomly set by DEMC when I called to make an appointment on my 5th week. My in laws wanted to come with and we had no problem about it. I was nervous mainly because if the doctor gave me bad news, we have to start all over again with the whole ordeal of wanting a baby and I can't possibly take another 'Sorry, your baby didn't survive/dont have a heartbeat.' 

So the main point for this appointment is to check on the BabyIJ's heartbeat. With the heartbeat, we will know that there is a baby in there and it is not an empty sac.

We were pretty early and was the first patient to see Dr Jumeah. Yes, the whole 4 of us came into the room so plus the doctor and nurse, there were 6 of us in the tiny room. The doctor didn't object the extra company of course knowing how important it must be for all of us to be there to witness the ultrasound. 

As I lay on the bed, the doctor proceeded with the cold gel and started scanning my womb. I remember Adam holding my hands and saying we're in this together. When I had my miscarriage 2 years ago, it was very unfortunate that I didn't have Adam around as he was in US for his annual trip. I was pretty much alone emotionally although my mom was with me throughout. 

Thanks mama. Forever will be grateful for that.

After much anticipation, lo and behold. BabyIJ, all grown up from the last time we saw him with a healthy heart beating on the screen ( future mommies, look for a flicker. Thats the heart) . Adam literally cried with joy while holding my hands tight ( I told you adam is more emotional than me.. he really is). 

It really is a miracle to see BabyIJ. 





I remember everyone beaming with happiness. Such a happy glow in that tiny room. 

Note: all babies look like a seahorse this young 

No comments: