Sunday, July 26, 2015

Nesting mode

My nesting mode started a few weeks back but was escalated when I hit 24 weeks. We started with a trip to IKEA right after raya since Adam was on his long raya leave. Main point is to get an idea on how the room would look like. Since we are staying with Adam's parents until our apartment is ready, BabyIJ would be sharing our bedroom which is totally fine with us. 

Now, the problem is that the room that we're staying now used to be Adam's when he was still single. The condition? Lets just say that posters from his teen years with a row of dinosaurs are still there. Now with BabyIJ on the way, we decided it is time to wave goodbye to Adam's bicycle/skate posters. I have no idea why I didn't bother about it before but thanks to the baby, we are finally upgrading our room (Mommy owes you one, BabyIJ)


The trip to IKEA was a success as we get many ideas and it made us both excited to start right away. But first, to paint the room. 

What color should it be? Started off with inspiration photos from Pinterest ( you have to love the Internet for this!) At first we decided to make the tv wall a darker shade to give it a cinema like feel to the room but it would make the room smaller. 

I did tell Adam right away that I wanted yellow for the room following my yellow raya craze. Yeap, still not over it. Yellow and grey is such a good combination, no? 





Im also a fan of soft lilac. So calming.. 



After going through our choices, we decided to go with a soft buttery yellow and lilac. Felt pretty nervous about the combination but I can't wait to share how the room will look like complete with the new deco and all. One of the deco that would be a part of BabyIJ corner are these adorable cloud stickers from Ohmayesa. 








Draco approves the colour, I approve Adam's paintwork. Good job! 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear, do you mind to share how you've become a lecturer in taylors?does it require masters to apply?how to hear from you and have a nice day mommy to be :)

idamazlan said...

Hi! I went through Jobstreet when they alerted me of a vacancy :) I went in with a bachelor but I had a double degree with teaching experiences. It depends on what level would U be teaching I guess.