Sunday, July 5, 2015

A good night sleep

One of the first thing I wanted to buy when I became pregnant was the maternity pillow. I guess since I didn't get to do it the first time around, I decided that as soon as I hit second trimester which is noted as the 'safe' zone, I would get one. No matter how much it would cost. Adam also agrees I could have one because I kept stealing his bolster in the middle of the night.... 


So I went through my options; online and in stores, searching for the right one. One that I could use for this pregnancy and future (this really depends on how painful labor is) . 



The first store I went was spring maternity in BV 1, just because I go to bangsar every weekend (yes, i truly believe we should move to Bangsar). I wanted to see whether they have the dreamgenii pillow. Now this is a very popular brand and through my online research, theres many good reviews on how amazing it is and that you'll be tempted to use it even after you have given birth! Having said that, there are also bad reviews stating it doesn't do much and its a huge sum of money to be spending on a pillow. 



Now this is how the dreamgenii looks like 


 


As you can see, its a very simple pillow with supports dedicated for bump, back and leg. Since this is a popular choice among pregnant women and it has won several awards, I was leaning towards dreamgenii of course. It was priced at 300+, so i didn't get it instantly but decided to see whether I could have other options which has the same structure, but with a lesser price. I was also worried on how much space it would take! 



Theres also other options in mind such as the wedge which was much smaller. I somehow didn't like it because I would still like a pillow in between my legs. To place another pillow in between with the wedge and all seems pretty complicated. 


While the wedge was simple, I also came across this. It sure looks comfy and I have a king bed, I would definitely get this! But, it would take too much space on our queen bed and I wouldn't want to crowd Adam as I am already crowding him with my sleeping pattern of wanting to sleep as near as possible to him. 




I naturally chose the dreamgenii in the end of course. I was so relieved when we brought it home and tried it on the bed. It doesn't take too much space and I can gladly say that I have been sleeping much much better for nearly 3 months now. Adam also sleeps better because I no longer attempt to kidnap his bolster in the middle of the night. 

So if you have the budget, please do invest on one that would suit you. Its a miracle I can tell you that. 

p/s: Dreamgenii can also be converted into a nursing pillow when the baby comes. How cool is that? I ll have to write another review on how babyIJ would like it 








2 comments:

yang bersinar said...

Kak ida, beli kat mana pillow ni?

idamazlan said...

beli dekat springs maternity in bangsar village 2. tapi kat mothercare pun ada :D